If you know you are going to use the curriculum, follow these directions to set up an account.
- Go to this link. Click on the little rectangle picture with our logo. It will take you to Paypal. You can donate or NOT. It’s up to you. Click cancel if you don’t want to donate. Either way, it will redirect you to register from that point.
- Enter your email address (an address you could check if you forgot your password in order to reset it). Choose an easy password. We’re not saving any information other than some first names and course choices.
- Log in. This is where you will go each day. Right now it says Student 1. In the future, your kids’ names will be there and they will just click on their name to go straight to their lessons.
- Follow the directions below.
If you want to just try it out, please follow these directions to set up your child’s lessons.
- Click on Parents-Settings.
- Edit student name.
- Click on Set Level and Theme. Choose that child’s grade level and pick a history theme. (See below the video for info on making that choice.)
- Add a student, if you have more children, and do the same thing.
- If you need to tweak any courses (say you want Reading 3 instead of Reading 4), click on Previous or Next under any course title. You can remove courses by clicking on X in any course block.
There are two decisions you need to make to get started with this curriculum. First, choose your child’s LEVEL. You can select a pre-made level, ie. First, Second, or Third, or you can mix and match and have your child do a different level for math, reading and language arts. I suggest just choosing a level and then making any adjustments from there. The course descriptions are at the top of each course page to let you know what they will be learning. Use our placement guides to aid you in your decision. We’ve added a placement test to the page to help you place your child within our curriculum as well. It’s all just a recommendation. You get to make the final choice for your child.
Click Here >>> Placement Guides <<< Click Here
The second decision is to choose a THEME for this school year. All of your children will use the same Theme. Next year, you will choose the next Theme. You can start with any of the following:
Ancient history and biology
Early American history and animals (lots of lapbooks)
Geography and cultures and earth science
Modern history and chemistry/physics (lots of experiments)
Music and art relate in some ways to the time periods studied and appear once a week in the curriculum. PE/health, computer and “thinking” are also once a week.