If you know you are going to use the curriculum, follow these directions to set up an account.
- Go to this link. Click on the little rectangle picture with our logo. It will take you to Paypal. These donations pay my family’s income. Click cancel if you don’t want to donate. Either way, it will redirect you to register from that point.
- Enter your email address (an address you could check if you forgot your password in order to reset it). Choose an easy password. We’re not saving any information other than some first names and course choices.
- Log in. This is where you will go each day. Right now it says Student 1. In the future, your kids’ names will be there and they will just click on their name to go straight to their lessons.
- Follow the directions that follow the video below.
This video is not yet captioned but will be soon. Here’s the outdated captioned video that doesn’t show our most recent update but can walk you through the set-up process.
If you want to just try it out, click Enter as a Guest and please follow these directions to set up your child’s lessons.
- Click on Parents-Settings.
- Click Edit student name.
- Click on Set Level and Theme. Choose that child’s grade level and pick any history theme, but the same for each child. (Scroll down on this page for the list of themes.)
- Click add a student, if you have more children, and do the same thing as many times as needed.
- Look at the placement guides and have your children do the placement test if you want help with placing them.
- If you need to tweak any courses (say you want Reading 3 instead of Reading 4), click on Previous Course or Next Course under any course title. You can remove courses by clicking on X in any course block.
- You can use the above video and skip the first minute which is about registering. You can just enter as a guest instead of logging in.
There are two decisions you need to make to get started with this curriculum. First, choose your child’s LEVEL. The course descriptions are at the top of each course page to let you know what they will be learning. Use our placement guides to aid you in your decision. We’ve added a placement test to the page to help you place your child within our curriculum as well. It’s all just a recommendation. You get to make the final choice for your child.
Click Here >>> Placement Guides <<< Click Here
The second decision is to choose a THEME for this school year. All of your children will use the same Theme. Next year, you will choose the next Theme. You can start with any of the following:
Ancient history and biology
Early American history and animals (lots of lapbooks)
Geography and cultures and earth science
Modern history and chemistry/physics (lots of experiments)
Music and art relate in some ways to the time periods studied and appear once a week in the curriculum. PE/health, computer and “thinking” are also once a week.